National Hug Day
Your Tampa Chiropractor Shares the Health Benefits of Hugs
- Hugs can increase oxytocin levels, the hormone responsible for improving your mood, and connecting with others.
- Another hormone, serotonin, is produced from long hugs, increasing your happiness and causing more joy.
- Chiropractors particularly appreciate that hugs can relax muscles. Wrap your arms around someone and their tension can release, reducing muscle stiffness and tension.
- Another Chiropractic favorite: The touching of skin during a hug stimulates the parasympathetics helping to balance your nervous system.
- Next time you receive a hug from a friend relax and enjoy the benefits from the reduction in your blood pressure and stress levels.
- Living in a hugging family can improve your self-worth and self esteem.
- A warm embrace can lower your cortisol levels, sometimes called the stress hormone. Many people suffer from high cortisol levels that result in easy excitability, fatigue and abdominal weight gain.
Hugs are a wonderful way to show your fondness for someone, plus numerous health benefits.
Hug someone today.
Hugs will be available all day at Bay City Chiropractic in Tampa during normal business hours.